Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hoopla - Hoop Love 2

So here are the first two hoops that I have made.

The first was inspired by the speckle name hoop I posted on here.....I knew as soon as I saw this that I wanted to make one, and its a perfect first hoop to do as you don't need to have any skill, just do crazy stitching everywhere around letters, easy!  I really like the way this turned out, what do you think?




The second one I made after finding a great tutorial over at Lime Riot about Felt Embroidery...I had the idea of using felt on hoops for a while but wasn't 100% sure how to do it and this tutorial showed me how!  She used fabric glue which I didn't have so I used iron on transfer paper instead.  This just helps to adhere the felt before stitching it on.  This little hoop is for my sweet niece's birthday...she received a Lala Loopsy doll at Christmas and loves it, so I decided to make a little picture for her wall.  Looks pretty cute huh?!  I'm now inspired to make other pictures using this method as its easy to do although a little fiddly, uses my favourite material felt, and turns out pretty darn cute.  I have lots of ideas floating in my head, just need to get them from there to the hoop...stay tuned!








4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are new to embroidery! I never would have guessed that from these awesome hoops. The negative space hoop is cute and I love the pink bunting. I'm so glad you found my felt tutorial handy. You did a great job and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comments and the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Me again! I wasn't sure if you were aware of this or not but you're a no-reply blogger right now :(. If you're not sure what I'm talking about or if you want any help changing your settings, feel free to email me (limeriot@gmail.com)! Or if you already know and want to keep things that way, feel free to just ignore me :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I didn't know actually....think I have managed to change it now..cheers

      Delete