Monday, November 21, 2011

Paper Roses are a blooming

I have become a little obsessed with flowers on Pinterest...it all started with making the rosettes here, and has just blossomed from there.  I have tried a heap of different tutorials and types of flowers, and I will cover my favourites in upcoming posts but the one that has caught my attention the most is the paper rose.




I followed the fabulously detailed tutorial here and they turned out pretty well I think.  The tutorial uses coffee filters (which are great to work with) and I also used some old book pages to make them.  I mixed a bit of my daughters paint with water and painted away and both the filters and books came up really well. 

For someone with not so green thumbs, this is one way I can have flowers in my house......no watering, falling petals or wilted flowers....love it! 

For more paper flower inspiration check out my Pinterest board.

And now I must get back to focussing on Christmas!

1 comment: